GeoDesign provided geotechnical and environmental services for the majority of the buildings and infrastructure improvements for the South Waterfront development.
The 38-acre South Waterfront mixed-use development includes:
- high- and mid-rise condominium and apartment towers
- a 400,000-square-foot medical wellness center
- a 320,000-square-foot cancer research facility
- a four-acre greenway
- new private and public streets
- an extension of the streetcar line
- the Portland Aerial Tram
Most of the development’s buildings are LEED-certified or are in the process of becoming certified.
Since 2001, GeoDesign has managed project budget and schedule during multiple phases through close communication with the development teams.
This includes regular meetings to:
- review scope, budget, and schedule
- address changes of conditions or additional work scopes in a timely, proactive manner
- follow up with documentation of any scope changes
Geotechnical, environmental, pavement design, Pile Driver Analyzer testing, drilled shafts, micropiles, geophysical SASW testing for seismic design, stormwater infiltration, aquifer testing, construction observation